Thursday, April 28, 2011

~Luke~

I’m excited to introduce Luke! He was just barely a week old at the time of our shoot. Luke’s parents and I connected through my former birth instructor, Janice of Peaceful Birthing. (If you are at all interested in natural childbirth, you should check out Janice’s website here.)

I've said this before, but I absolutely love when I get the opportunity to photograph a newborn. It is such an honor to capture these images when they are so new to the world. Luke was so tiny and perfect in every way. He was also wide awake for the entire shoot!! We tried every trick in the book to get him sleepy, but he didn’t want to miss out on any of the fun!

We were also able to capture a few shots with Luke’s big brother, 7 year-old Adam, who was a natural in front of the camera.

Below are a few of my favorite images from our session. Enjoy!

adorable luke!





so happy in mommy's arms

love


this yawn did not lead to any sleep.  :)


big bro, adam, gets warmed up for his photos




i adore this image.  adam is so at ease holding his baby brother,
and i love how luke is looking right at the camera!

a top favorite and so sweet.  adam is already a GREAT big brother!

Thanks to Luke’s parents, Addie & Dan, for allowing me the opportunity, and the honor, to document this very special time for your family. It was such a pleasure meeting your family, and I hope you love every image. And most importantly, congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment